How to Write a Press Release in 7 Steps!
Basic steps you need to take on to more advanced tips later in the video plus the most important one. Let me tell you, PR is no easy task!
- The 5W’s of writing and the How The What and the Why should be in the first paragraph.
- Front load your press release- This is what journalists do when catching YOUR attention as a reader.
- Focus on the Headline and the email subject line
- Include all of your contact information
- Use quotes
- Spelling and grammar check and no exclamation points. Remember this is business writing.
- Be relevant. Know what’s happening in the news right now. Learn the subtle art of what PR consultants call newsjacking.